Robert Half Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
(updated on 17.02.2020)
This Privacy Notice("Notice") describes how Robert Half Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG (we, us, our or Robert Half) may use, process, store and disclose Personal Information that we may collect about individuals, including if you register with us via our Candidate Registration process, through this website and from other sources, such as when you apply for a job* through job sites. The types of data we collect are described in the section below 'Your Personal Information and how we collect it'.
We act as a controller and we are responsible for the Personal Information we process. This Notice informs you how we protect your Personal Information and informs you about your privacy rights.
It is important that you read this Notice together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide such as the Notice contained in our Candidate Registration form and on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your Personal Information so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice supplements other Notices you may receive from us and is not intended to override them.
This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to these minors.
*All "job" designations in this Privacy notice serve the purpose of simplification and describe orders, projects and operations, especially for the provision of independent contractors equally.
Table of content
- Contact Details
- Your Personal Information and how we collect it
- How we use your Personal Information
- Change of Purpose
- Transferring your Personal Information outside of Europe
- Disclosing your Personal Information to members of the Robert Half Group of Companies
- Disclosing your Personal Information to 3rd Parties
- Keeping your Personal Information Secure
- How long we Retain your Personal Information
- Your Legal Rights
- The Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
- Marketing Messages
- Links to other websites
- Feedback and complaints
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
If you have any questions about how we use your Personal Information, contact us at: [email protected].
Your Personal Information and how we collect it
Using this Website
When you use this website, we may ask for certain Personal Information including your name and contact information (email, home address and phone number). Depending on the nature of your enquiry or activities on our website, we may also ask for your job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, salary, and other background information together with any login ID and password created by you. You can request us to send you Job alerts through the website by completing your job search criteria and preferences. You can stop receiving these job alerts at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in the job alert email. Applicants who have already registered can enter their RH applicant ID at their own discretion to simplify the registration process for the website
After you have successfully registered on our website, you can use the "Check Profile" function on the website to access, check and change the Personal Information you have provided.
Registering as a Candidate for our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors)
We will collect your Personal Information directly from you and from other sources including when you apply for a job via a Job Board, directly through our website, from Social Media sites such as Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter or when you provide us with your details during a job fair, promotional, networking or training event.
When you ask us to provide you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors) we will ask you to register as a Candidate. During our Candidate Registration process we will collect your Personal Information directly from you, your CV, from employment and educational referees and via online tests you may perform at our request. Our Clients may request additional Personal Information about you in relation to their job vacancies and requirements. The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- Your identity (your full name, previous names, evidence of a name change); Gender, date of birth and marital status;
- proof of your right to work, which may include a photo, nationality, place of birth, driver's license, etc. (as required by law);
- Contact details including your email address, home address and phone number;
- Bank details and social security details (so that we can make payments to you and your account);
- Payroll information such as: your national tax number, your address, your seniority, your marital status, your bank account number, your family composition, your date of birth, your telephone number, your email address your job search criteria, preferences and expectations;
- your job search criteria, preferences and expectations;
- your qualifications, skills, experience and training;
- current remuneration and other benefits;
- educational history;
- employment history;
- work and / or training certificates;
- other information contained in your CV or that you choose to provide to us;
- profile data including your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and customer survey responses;
- usage data including information about how you use our website and services;
- marketing and communications data including your marketing and communication preferences.
Details about your health and/or your criminal record (including checks against terrorist lists) are only processed if it is relevant to your application and in accordance with the restrictions imposed by law.
To provide you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and / or the provision of independent contractors) our recruitment consultants will send you job alert emails matching your job search criteria and preferences. From time to time you may also receive job alerts which our consultants consider you may find interesting.
If you provide us with information about third parties, we will assume that the third party has given you permission to do so and that Robert Half may collect, process and share your Personal Information to the same extent as your Personal Information.
Our Clients and Suppliers
If you are a Client or supplier or a potential client or supplier, of goods and services we will collect and process information about individuals in your organization. We may enter the individual’s name and business email address in to our database as a designated corporate point of contact for that organization, together with the individual’s other business contact data.
Usually the only Personal Information we process about a corporate contact is the individual’s name for the purposes of contacting the organization in relation to our services or the supplier as a recipient of the supplier’s goods and services. If the individual corporate point of contact is also a registered candidate we may be processing additional Personal Information for our services and other purposes as described in this Privacy Notice.
The source of a corporate point of contact may be the individual themselves, or their name and business details may be provided to us by a member of their HR or Procurement department or another hiring manager or existing business contact or a candidate we have placed at the organization. We may also obtain these details from websites, social media and other sources... We may send business to business email marketing to corporate points of contact. An individual corporate point of contact can ask us at any time to stop sending business marketing emails to their business email address by contacting: [email protected]
We collect a limited amount of information about the visitors of our website. We use this information to improve your experience with our website and to manage our services.
The following data is collected:
- profile data including your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and customer survey responses;
- usage data including information about how you use our website and services;
- marketing and communications data including your marketing and communication preferences.
How we use your Personal Information
We use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information and other data we collect including during our Candidate Registration process, to provide you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors) including sending you job alerts through this website and by email, project-related assignments, project-related work, temporary employment and permanent and fixed term contract placements in finance, accounting, technology, administrative, legal, marketing and other related roles, employment opportunities and career-related information.
We will also process your Personal Information for other legitimate business purposes such as producing statistics, analyzing how successful our marketing campaigns are, the number of visitors to our website and complying with other contractual, legal and regulatory obligations and duties.
Currently we do not use automated decision-making technologies to make final or conclusive decisions about you and a member of our staff will always be involved in the provision of working finding services.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it (as described above), unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Transferring your Personal Information outside of Europe
Robert Half is part of an international group of companies operating globally. We may share some of your Personal Information with our group companies, including Protiviti, a consultancy firm, our parent company Robert Half International Inc., based in the United States, and other group companies within or outside the European Economic Area (EEA), who may use and process your Personal Information for similar purposes as described in this Privacy Notice.
The data protection laws outside Europe may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in Austria and in these circumstances we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected, secure, kept confidential and that we have a lawful basis for the transfer. This means we may require the 3rd party recipient to sign the EU Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission as providing Personal Information with the same protection that your Personal Information has when it is processed within the EEA.
When we transfer your Personal Information to 3rd parties based in the US, we will check if they are a member the EU/US Privacy Shield (as Membership requires the business to provide similar protection to Personal Information shared between Europe and the US). If they are not Privacy Shield certified, we will ensure these recipients will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they will be subject to a duty of confidentiality and required to sign the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
You can contact us if you require further information on the mechanism we use when transferring your Personal Information out of the EEA.
Disclosing your Personal Information to members of the Robert Half Group of Companies
We share the Robert Half candidate database including your Personal Information with our group companies including Protiviti GmbH, a consultancy firm based in Germany which develops business solutions for its clients and provides consulting services.
From time to time we advertise Protiviti GmbH roles and if you apply, your CV and Personal Information is shared directly with Protiviti who can contact you about their role. Employees of Robert Half or Protiviti GmbH can contact you in connection with the position.
If you register as a candidate with Robert Half, you may also be contacted by Protiviti GmbH in connection with project related opportunities that Protiviti GmbH consider may be of interest to you such as the provision of independent contractors. If you are engaged for such a project-related position by Protiviti GmbH, Protiviti's customer may have access to your resume and other Personal Information.
Protiviti GmbH has implemented the same high standards of data security as Robert Half and will treat your Personal Information in accordance with the law, respecting your legal rights and as set out in the Protiviti Privacy Statement.
When Protiviti GmbH sends your data to its customers for the above-mentioned purpose, Protiviti ensures that these customers comply with the requirements described in the GDPR and / or in the applicable data protection regulations.
Disclosing your Personal Information to 3rd Parties
To the extent necessary or appropriate and without notifying you, Robert Half may disclose your Personal Information to external 3rd Parties (who are not members of the Robert Half group of companies) in the following circumstances:
- to client to provide you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors)
- to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Examples of service providers include: providing payroll services to enable us to pay our employees; background screening and verification services; data storage facilities including in the US and the Cloud; hosting our Web servers; managing job posting applications via our 3rd party provider Broadbean; analyzing data and producing statistics and legal, accounting, audit and other professional services.
- to credit bureaus and third parties carrying out sanctions and terrorism checks.
- to government agencies including Police and other law enforcement agencies; regulatory and supervisory authorities;
- to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Robert Half or its group companies; (c) prevent a crime, protect national security or for fraud detection or prevention; or (d) protect the personal safety of individuals using our website or members of the public.
- to 3rd parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, we will let you know.
- to IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our IT systems, service providers who we may appoint as data processors and to other service providers who may be based outside the EEA
Where applicable, we will impose appropriate contractual, security, confidentiality and other obligations on to 3rd party service providers and processors we have appointed, based on the nature of the services they provide to us. We will only permit them to process your Personal Information in accordance with the law and our instructions. We do not allow them to use your Personal Information for their own purposes and when our relationship ends we will ensure your Personal Information is securely returned or destroyed.
Some of these 3rd parties are also controllers responsible for processing your Personal Information for their purposes, for example, the local tax authority is a controller for tax purposes. We may not be able to impose obligations or restrictions on these controllers in connection with how they process your Personal Information.
Keeping your Personal Information Secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to do so.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breaches and we will notify you and the applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we Retain your Personal Information
Robert Half will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collected it for. This means we will keep your Personal Information throughout the period of your relationship with us and whilst we are providing you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors).
If we weren’t successful in our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors) for you, your data will be stored for up to two years after the last contact. After this period you will be contacted again to decide whether you would like to continue to be registered with us. During this period, however, we will disable your candidate record and restrict access to your Personal Information. After the two-year retention period has expired, we anonymize the Personal Information in our database so that we can no longer identify you.
If were placed by us, your data will be stored for up to ten years from the last job placement. After this period you will be contacted again to decide whether you would like to continue to be registered with us.
We are required by law to keep basic information about our customers (including contracts, proof of identity, financial and transaction data) for legal, compliance and tax purposes for up to 10 years after the end of our business relationship.
We can store your data for a longer period of time if we are permitted by law, e.g. B. to defend us against legal action.
Where there is no retention period stated in law, we determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information by considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you and we cannot identify you). We do this for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this anonymized data indefinitely without further notice to you.
Details of the retention periods for different aspects of your Personal Information are set out in our Record Retention and Destruction Policy which you can request from us by contacting us at: [email protected].
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Make a Data Subject Access Request to access your Personal Information at any time. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure / deletion / removal of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where we do not have a valid reason to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Please Note: we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a 3rd party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- To object to direct marketing. You have the right to object to us processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In this case, we will no longer send you marketing communications.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it.
- Data Portability / Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or directly to another controller. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. We will (unless there is an exemption) assist you by securely transferring your Personal Information directly to another controller where technically feasible or by providing you with a copy in a structured commonly used machine-readable format. The data we can provide is:
|Report Title||Candidate Information|
|Candidate Personal Details||
|Candidate Eligibility Details||
|Candidate Work History||
|Candidate Job Placement||
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We want to ensure we keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. In addition to your legal rights, you may ask us to make changes or request a copy of your Personal Information informally, by contacting your local Robert Half branch.
Additional information, Response Times and Fees
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights or when you make an informal request). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person other than the individual who has the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us locate your data and to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. It may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of these rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
The Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
We have set out a short description of main ways we will collect, store, process, share and disclose your Personal Information and the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate.
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To fulfil a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is in our legitimate interests;
- When it is our legal or regulatory duty;
- When you consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information in conducting and managing our business. We will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your legal rights when we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation or permitted to by law).
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Personal Information||Lawful basis for processing Personal Information|
|To register you as a candidate for our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors) or when you make an employment application to us||
|To provide you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors), including: sending you information about available job offers and job notification emails in accordance with your job search preferences and criteria, offering career advice, payment of your wages (when you’re a temporary employee), providing your resume to clients in Regarding their vacancies / functions||
|Transmission of your Personal Information to our group companies (including Protiviti).||
|Sharing your Personal Information with government and law enforcement agencies, as well as with service providers we have contracted to provide goods and services, including providers outside the EEA and providers of cloud-based services||
To manage our relationship with you including:
|Keeping your Personal Information secure to prevent it from being lost, used, accessed, disclosed or altered in an authorized way||
|To investigate issues, disputes and complaints between us, and between us, you and our clients and to seek to resolve them||
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|For Marketing and communications, make suggestions and recommendations to you about other relevant services that may be of interest to you (e.g. the Robert Half Newsletter, Salary Guides, Online training||
|To deliver relevant website content and measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising||
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
|Retaining your Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing you with our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractor).||
|To help us respond to queries, complaints or for other reasons such as responding to requests from regulators, government and law enforcement agencies such as the Police||
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Personal Information except in relation to sending direct marketing communications via email or text message.
We have established an email preference center where you can view and make decisions about your email marketing preferences and opt out of receiving email marketing from us at any time.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by:
- Visiting our website and checking or unchecking the relevant box to change your email marketing preference;
- following the opt out links contained in our marketing email messages;
- following the opt out process described in our text marketing messages;
- Sending an email with "UNSUBSCRIBE ME" in the subject field to: [email protected]
Opting out of receiving marketing messages does not apply to:
- Personal Information that you have provided to us as a result of your request for our services (temporary employment services, placement of personnel and/or the provision of independent contractors);
- Personal Information that you have provided to us in connection with the performance of a contract between us;
- Job alerts sent to you through the website in response to your request to receive specific job details. You can select your preferences in the Job Search section and you can stop receiving these alerts at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the job alert email; and
- Job alert emails which you will receive from our recruitment consultants which match your job search criteria confirmed with you during our Candidate Registration process.
We will never sell or disclose your Personal Information to any 3rd parties to use for marketing.
Links to other websites
Our website may include links to 3rd party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these 3rd party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
Feedback and complaints
According to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your Personal Information violates the GDPR. The following supervisory authority is responsible for our company:Der Hessische Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Gustav-Stresemann-Ring 1, 65189 Wiesbaden
Postfach 31 63, 65021 Wiesbaden
Phone: 0611-1408 0
Fac: 0611-1408 611
E-Mail: [email protected]
A list of data protection authorities can also be found at: https://www.bfdi.bund.de.
We kindly ask you to give us the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you before contacting the supervisory authority, so we please ask you to contact our Data Protection Officer: Rechtsanwalt Thomas P. Costard, http://www.it-rechtsberater.de, [email protected], EUROCOM Businesspark, Lina-Ammon-Straße 9, 90471 Nürnberg, Phone: 0911 7903034, Fax: 0911 7903035 or per E-Mail to [email protected].
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If we change this Privacy Notice we will post any updates here for your review. If we change material terms we will provide notice of the revised Privacy Notice for 30 days on our home page at https://www.roberthalf.de with a link back to this page.
This Privacy Notice was last updated: 17.02.2020.